Friday, June 3, 2011

Different between Mortal Kombat and Marvel vs Capcom 3

Obviously these two are fantastic games, but both are completely different from one another. Literally they are like night and day from each other. Both having deep and complex combos and offering a wide variety of characters and extra modes to keep the game interesting. Here are some pros, cons, and differences between the two.

I will start off with Marvel vs. Capcom 3 first. MVC3 uses 3D characters on a 3D plain, making the characters really pop out with really bright colors. Now some people see this as a good thing or a bad thing, there are only 32 characters compared to its previous game that had 50 something odd characters. I personally don't have a problem with it simply because I honestly did not use all 50 characters; I used maybe 3 people, that’s it. If you are a Marvel fan, they have pretty much of all the characters you would think that are in the game. Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Captain America, Wolverine, Dead Pool, and others. Once I heard Zero from the Megaman series was in the game that is all I needed to here. I am more of a Capcom fan. Now what is really easy about this game is to fight, it is just 3 button, light, medium and hard attack. Of course that means there is going to be a lot of button mashing. You clearly could tell when someone is button mashing and when someone know what they are doing. What I recommend doing before going online (if you do plan on going online) pick your, what I call "A" team. Pick three people who you plan on becoming really good with, and do not change it up. I feel it is better to play with three people all the time, then try use everyone and not have a specific character for you. Here is a video review for MVC


Now Mortal Kombat is an amazing game as well! I don't however have this game, but I could easily see myself getting this game simply because of the fatalities. I have always liked Mortal Kombat I have just never been quite good at the game. I am not going to lie, I like the easy controller of MVC, because all it is light, medium and hard buttons. It is a different story for MK, each character as different set of button controls. You may be good with Scorpion, but you will have no idea how to use Sub-Zero. One would say that people love that aspect of the game because it widens the gap of people who know how to play and people who don't, meaning there is a lot more skill in a game like MK. From what I remember, each character has about 4 fatalities and one babalitie (means you can turn an enemy into a baby). There is more of a story-line in MK as well, understanding where the character comes from, makes the story that much better. In MVC the story was very vague. Two groups from different universe's collide for and ultimate battle......that the story. Another video review for Mortal Kombat

Well thats it guys, let me know what you think! Which one do you like more?

No comments:

Post a Comment